Friday, May 31, 2013

Waking up at Noon and Watching Reality TV All Day



Guys, it’ been a rough day. Last night Matt and I went out to the bar to watch some basketball game or something. (I’m a really big sports fan). I mostly concentrated on drinking beer and wondering how many French fries it is polite to take from a friend who said, “you can have some of my French fries if you want.” (That means I can just have all of them? Because that's how many I want.) I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to do a thing for today. I have been getting up early every day because it just feels like I should and because I’m used to it, but I realized taking a break means that I am totally allowed to sleep as late as I want and then watch TV all day and that can be my thing. So that’s what I did. I slept until noon and now I am watching reality TV. I chose the reunion show of The Real Housewives of New Jersey, which is a little confusing for me because I’ve never actually seen The Real Housewives of New Jersey, but it’s alright. I made a pickle and cheese sandwich on sourdough, I’m wearing pajamas shorts. Normally in a situation like this, I would feel incredibly guilty, like I should be writing or reading or looking for jobs or sitting upright, but today I am letting the power of the break be my spirit guide and embracing it. And let me tell you, it’s pretty great. Once I let myself just enjoy relaxing without feeling like I had to be doing anything else I felt calmer, less worried. As I stared at Theresa’s strange proceeding hairline (it seems to get closer to her eyes with every shot) I wasn’t frantically trying to plan my entire life in my head like I usually do during every waking moment. Maybe The Real Housewives of New Jersey and sandwiches are my yoga?

No comments:

Post a Comment